Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Advanced Certificate program is designed for mental health professionals who are pursuing, or who have already earned, an MA, MS, or higher degree in counseling, social work, or related fields, and who would like to receive intensive specialized education in assisting survivors of disasters and trauma. The program is available asynchronously online with the exception of one weekend on the New Paltz campus.
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at New Paltz University College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now