Earn your master of science in education degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Science in Education (MSEd.) in Higher Education Administration (HEA) emphasizes cultivating administrators adept at building relationships, management skills and foundational knowledge that will sustain them throughout their careers. The Department is committed to providing a practical, knowledge based program that prepares higher education managers for successful professional lives and careers and positions them well to pursue doctorates in the discipline. The 39-credit program curriculum emphasizes theoretically grounded practical application and culminates in a capstone experiential internship. The program is designed for students who work or aspire to work in a higher education setting requiring graduate level knowledge and credentials for career competence and advancement in the field of higher education. The three, one-credit face-to-face Seminars and culminating, three-credit Internship provide intense practical and hands-on learning activities and skill building experiences. Program is delivered 90% synchronously and 10% asynchronously.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at State University College at Brockport for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now