Earn your associate of arts degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This A.A. degree program is designed for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college to pursue careers in journalism, magazine writing, public relations or writing for trade and web publications.
The curriculum emphasizes a core of journalism courses with a background of liberal arts courses designed for transfer. The student will be trained in the basic principles and practices of journalism and will be given an opportunity to write for and participate in the production of a student news publication.
The program contains a selection of liberal arts courses – social science, humanities, mathematics and science – to gain a wide range of knowledge useful for writing in the field. It also contains the opportunity for practical journalistic experience, preparing students for eventual employment on newspapers, magazines, and websites.The journalism curriculum gives students a basic background in the discipline in preparation for selecting journalism as a major at a four-year college or university. Students should check with their academic advisors in the CMA-Journalism program for transfer information, articulation agreements with four-year colleges, and information about employment opportunities in the field.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Suffolk County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now