Earn your associate of arts degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Liberal Arts and Sciences curriculum is a university parallel Associate of Arts degree program preparing students for transfer to a four-year program. Required and elective courses are transferable. Classes are intended to help students acquire fundamental skills of studying, reasoning, and expression.
The liberal arts places its emphasis on questions more than specific answers. The courses focus upon ideas, languages, logic, and images of the world, of nature, and society. History, literature, and the sciences offer models and explanations of the events and processes of our lives.
Students interested in pursuing specific areas of study such as, but not limited to the following, should begin with the Liberal Arts degree: Economics, English, Elementary Education, Forest Technology, History, Legal Studies, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Pre-Forestry, Pre-Nursing, Psychology, Science, Sociology, Secondary Education, or Womens Studies.
This degree requires the completion of at least 7 of the 10 SUNY General Education requirements. SCCC is committed to encourage students to complete all 10 requirements.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now