Earn your undergraduate certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Community Public Health Worker certificate program exposes students to a variety of theoretical, as well as practical public health service skills and concepts in order to meet the increasing demands for entry-level public health professionals. Students completing the one-year certificate program will be familiar with the basic organization of health care, public health systems and the contributions of health professionals. The curricular content includes understanding risk factors contributing to disease, options for disease interventions, and health care policies to improve the health of a community. The program structure builds upon an understanding of public health, social & behavioral influences on community health care needs and global health care approaches for serving diverse populations. Medical ethical issues relating to the study of incidence and distribution of disease control are also covered. Students who successfully complete the certificate program may continue their studies at Erie Community College in Health Science associate in applied science degree programs. Graduates of the certificate program may also consider further academic advancement by completing a Public Health bachelor of science degree program at SUNY at Buffalo or a Health Promotion-Community Health bachelor of science degree at Daemen College.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Erie Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now