Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Community Health Navigation degree program will allow students to enter the workforce as Community Health Navigators or continue their education in a variety of community health, social services and allied health fields.
Students will develop critical skills allowing them to become advocates for the population for which they serve, have a deep and complete understanding of the community health and the overall healthcare system. They will be able to successfully share and apply this knowledge to assist and empower their clients to gain the appropriate health resources to hopefully avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and have improved quality of life.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Hudson Valley Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now