Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
SUNY Oswegos Nursing Home Administration Advanced Certificate offers coursework to build your management skills and knowledge for careers in the rapidly growing long-term health care industry. The certificate program is delivered 100% online and can be completed part time in one year. Courses include human resource management, finance, law, gerontology, and nursing home administration. Completing the certificate fulfills the education requirement for candidates pursuing a Nursing Home Administrator license in New York State. The certificate is recognized by the NYS Department of Health in their listing of Accredited Educational institutions. Students who complete the Nursing Home Administration advanced certificate, have the option of applying to SUNY Oswegos MBA Health Services Administration (HSA) program. If accepted into the MBA HSA program, the certificate credit hours can be applied to the MBA HSA degree requirements. Oswegos MBA program is AACSB accredited and nationally ranked by US News & World Report. More information can be found at Oswego.edu/mba
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records