Earn your associate of arts degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This interdisciplinary program is designed for students interested in learning about the various aspects of sex and gender, gender roles, and gender identity; the achievements of women in the past and present; the history of the Women’s Movement; and the representations of women and men as conveyed in language, the arts, philosophy, religion, and science. The program responds to the needs of women in the twenty-first century and places special emphasis on the ideas that encompass our society’s rapidly changing expectations for women and men, nationally and globally. Drawing on a rich body of critical scholarship and cultural texts from diverse academic areas as well as students’ personal experiences, the program addresses issues and questions often overlooked in other disciplines.
In addition to providing a general education, the program offers a set of analytical tools which will serve as a valuable stepping stone for a variety of four-year degrees (including a degree in Women’s Studies) and which will assist students in embarking on a wide range of careers, such as, law, law enforcement, social work, psychology, medical fields, education, communications, journalism, or business.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Suffolk County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now