Earn your master of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Transformational Leadership in Nursing Master of Science degree is designed to prepare baccalaureate nurses as leaders in today’s healthcare system to advance nursing practice, transform work environments, and safeguard cost effective, quality care within health care organizations. The 39 credit hour MS in Transformational Leadership in Nursing program is designed for middle managers as an online program with two onsite residency requirements. A variety of practicum experiences are integrated for a total of 150 practicum hours with nurse leaders as mentors to assure an array of leadership experiences in the practice arenas.
Graduates of this transformational leadership program will be prepared to sit for ANCC’s Nurse Executive Certification Examination which is nationally recognized in the profession. The MS in Transformational Leadership in Nursing program also provides a strong foundation for doctoral study, scholarship, and research.
The program is available in a full online format and accommodates both full-time and part-time students. Full-time students can complete the program in 2 years, and part-time study will take approximately 3.5 years.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now