Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The program prepares certified childhood special educators with knowledge regarding best practices in special education so they can also serve those learners with special needs at the adolescent level. Students will become familiar with research-validated components of effective assessment, instruction, and behavior management at the adolescent level. The program meets the academic requirements for initial and professional certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities Generalist (grades 7-12).
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now